A famous proverb goes for apple that, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” , many of us are also familiar with it. “Apple ” is a special fruit associated with many benefits. Apple is called as a “miracle fruit” and is continuously cultivated and consumed by almost all people.
IMPORTANCE OF CONSUMING APPLE DAILY
Apple rich in antioxidants , flavonoids and dietary fibres, these essential components present in apple help reduce the risk of Cancer, stress, diabetes and heart diseases .This article will definitely benefit its readers by providing a total nutritional profile of apples and its importance. Our team of Achawellness.com has worked on fulfilling our customers needs and answering their questions , so here we also discuss the possible benefits, risk and precautions of Apple consumption.
Research suggest that Apple is one such fruit that is considered to be healthiest and that can be included in once daily diet, following is a list of health benefits related to Apple consumption.
- Improves neurological health : Quercetin an antioxidant found in apples help in reducing cellular death caused by oxidation and inflammation of neurones.
- Prevents dementia : Apple’s consumption protects neuron cells from oxidative stress – induced neurotoxicity and plays an important role in reducing the risk of neuro degenerative disorders.
- Risk of stroke is reduced : Research has proved that there is a decreased risk of thrombotic stroke for people who have intake of apples.
- Bad cholesterol levels lowered : The Florida State University called apples “miracles fruit” as their researches have found that the people who consumed apples on regular basis had no bad cholesterol.
- Risk of diabetes reduced : Studies stated that regular consumption of three servings of apples per week reduced the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Prevents breast cancer : Connell researcher Rui mai liu states that , its research has growing evidence that increased consumption of Apples food reduce risk of breast cancer.
Apple Nutrition : Apples can be called as the nutritional powerhouses as they contain almost no sodium ,fat or cholesterol , below is a list of nutrients contained in apples :
- Vitamin C : These boost resistance of the body.
- B – Complex Vitamins : These maintain red blood cells and The nervous system in good health.
- Dietary fibres : These prevent bad amount of cholesterol in the body.
- Phytonutrients : These are rich in polyphenolic compounds , they actively protect the body from free radicals.
- Minerals : calcium , potassium and phosphorus are also present richly in apples.
Apples Nutritional Value :
- Energy – 52 kcal
- Fat – 0.17 g
- Carbohydrates – 13.81g
- Proteins – 0.26g
- Sodium – 1mg
- Calcium – 6mg
- Vitamin C – 4.6mg
- Vitamin E – 0.18 mg
- Phosphorus – 11mg
- Potassium – 107 mg
- Iron – 0.12mg
Risks Involved :
No Side Effects are associated with apple consumption but only the Apple seeds should not be consumed as it can be fatal . These seeds contain cyanide a poisonous material , an apple a day is really good but taking all day to eat the Apple can damage teeth as they are fairly acidic..